Introduction



Follow my journey, my struggle to success.
You can learn more, or you can learn less.
Enjoy the artwork, read what you will.
Don't be afraid to share your own skill(s).



This blog is now Mili Fay Art Blog


Wednesday 10 April 2013

What's So Great About "Animals In My Hair"?

"Animals In My Hair" by Mili Fay

Order: https://gumroad.com/l/AnimalsInMyHair
If you plan to order 4+ books, please contact Mili Fay Art to recieve eligible discounts.

Specifications:
     Size (W x L x H): 220 mm x 285 mm x 11 mm
     Length: 58 pages--full colour
     Hardcover with Spot UV and ribbon bookmark
     Binding: Smyth-sewn
     Weight: 490g
     Price: $24.95 CAN (without HST and Shipping and Handling)
     ISBN: 978-0-99919128-0-3
     Published by: Mili Fay Art-Toronto
     Printed by: Sure Print and Design
     Print Run: 1000
     Publication Date: June 15, 2013
   
Summary: Taken to a hair salon by his mother, the little boy is the only one not startled by the sudden appearance of endangered animals tumbling from his overgrown, mop of hair!

Page Samples:

"Animals In My Hair" Cover



Pages 06-07


 Pages 08-09


Pages 22-23


 Pages 26-27


Pages 34-35


 Pages 42-43
Author's Biography Page





Toronto Zoo's Conservation Page


***********

Since before I was writing this blog, I've begun creating a picture book.  When I envisioned this picture book way back in 2008, it was a much different book than the one today.  It all began with my mother telling my father that he should get a haircut, because his hair was a "шума" (forest).

I can't quite remember what I was doing at the time, but a thought struck me: What if his hair really was a forest?

My mind took that idea and ran crazy with it.  If you'd like, I will post the story of "Animals In My Hair" (or as I've refereed to it repeatedly in past posts, AIMH), but ONLY if you really want to hear all about it.  For now, I just wish to explain what is so great about my first ever book--well, at least the first ever book Mili Fay Art will publish. :-)

This book is more than a picture book, and that is why I'm calling it an Artwork Book.  I was determined to create a work of art that combines everything I love about the English language, picture and activity books, creative education, and storytelling in general.  I also want my creation to raise funds for wildlife conservation.

So, here is what's great about "Animals In My Hair":
  • 30% OF ALL PROFITS WILL BE DONATED TO THE TORONTO ZOO TO HELP WITH ANIMAL PROTECTION, WILDLIFE CONSERVATION AND ENTERTAINING EDUCATION.
  • "Animals In My Hair" is a fun story that is secretly educational. ("Shh!") 
  • There is so much to discover!  Every time you read this book, you will learn something new.  Seek and you shall find numbers (1-10), colours, endangered and extirpated wildlife, ...
  • Visual puzzles.  There are hidden objects, numbers, deliberate visual errors, blank pieces of illustration where you can make your own mark,...
  • Beautiful hand-painted watercolour illustrations grace every page, blending realism with animated gestures. 
  • "Animals In My Hair" is not limited to a specific age group.  Anyone from age 1 to age 101+ will love this book.
  • Language is not oversimplified, providing a challenge, while the rhythm of the story encourages early readers to stride along.
  • Over 80% more illustrations than the standard 32-page picture book lets you follow the story even if you cannot read a word.  Yet, the story itself is of average length; making it a perfect bedtime choice. 
  • By purchasing the book, you become an AIMH Member and gain access to exclusive online content.
  • "Animals In My Hair" is the convenient 8.5" x 11" trim size.  Which means that it will easily fit on any bookshelf or in any backpack.
  • By purchasing the book, you are helping an independent artist.
  • Because this book has been self-published, it only costs $24.95 CAN, where a comparable book of similar length and binding quality will cost $40+ CAN.

Mili Fay Art supports the world through ongoing philanthropic efforts.  If you cannot afford to purchase this book, you can still contribute by Liking its Facebook Page and spreading the word about wildlife conservation.

In exchange for your support, I promise to continue to create beautiful artwork that you can enjoy for years to come.  With our joined efforts we will raise funds for wildlife conservation, children's hospitals (see Horsing Around) and other worthy organizations. I also promise that Mili Fay Art will continue to stand for philanthropy, quality, integrity, education, personal attention, and 100% client satisfaction.

With sincere gratitude,

Mili Fay
"Together we support the world one artwork at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abuse in any from will not be posted or tolerated.